Indian Cables & Electricals Pvt. Ltd is a authorized distributors of POLYCAB HT XLPE CABLES in Pune, Maharashtra.
POLYCAB HT XLPE cables are manufactured at itsmost modern manufacturing setup in DAMAN. & Halol(Gujarat)Manufacture of HV XLPE CABLES requires greatcare and skill at all stages of processing. Work on HVcables has shown to raise the electric stress of XLPEcables it is essential that the extruded insulation is of high cleanliness without any imperfection ,free of contamination, voids and manufacturing defects, and that the screen interface is smooth. In addition an integrated extrusion plant employing a Continuous Centenary Vulcanizing (CCV) process line (Dry Curing Line) is required. Polycab easily met these two criteria by carefully selecting imported insulating materials and by installing 2 CCV lines sourced from world renowned manufacturers
The cable core is triple extruded and cross linked in the fully enclosed process in which the inner semi-conducting screen, the XLPE insulation and the outer semi conducting screen are applied simultaneously to the pre-heated cable conductor. Specialized in-line inspection techniques using X-rays are employed to monitor the dimensional accuracy of the extruded core.These examinations confirm the correct levels of dimensional accuracy.The final stage of HV cable manufacture is the high voltage test, which comprises an HV withstand, and a partial discharge detection test. These tests take place in Polycab’s sophisticated HV Test Lab. The tests are of short duration, typically 30 minutes, and are capable of detecting the defects that initiate partial discharges, as small as one pico-coulomb. Such defects lead to gradual deterioration of the XLPE and eventually breakdown may occur
THREE LAYER COMON TRIPLE EXTRUSION METHOD
ULTRA MODERN HV TESTING LAB
- Conductor : Stranded Class 2 – Annealed Plain / Tinned Copper / Aluminium – IS:8130 / IEC 60228/ BS 6360.
- Conductor Screen : Extruded semi-conducting compound – IS:7098 Part 2,IEC:60502 Part – 2, BS:6622, BS:7835.
- Insulation : XLPE – IS : 7098 Part 2, IEC:60502 Part – 2, BS:6622, BS:7835.
- Insulation Non-metallic Screen: Extruded semi-conducting compound – IS:7098 Part 2, IEC:60502 Part – 2, BS:6622, BS:7835.
- Insulation Metallic Screen : Copper Wire / Tape or Aluminium Wire / Strip – IS:7098 Part 2, IEC:60502 Part – 2, BS:6622, BS:7835.
- Fillers : Non Hygroscopic PVC * / Polypropelene Fiber to maintain roundness of cable.
- Inner sheath/Bedding : PVC ST 2 as per IS:7098 Part 2, IEC:60502 Part – 2, BS:6622, LSOH to BS:7835.
- Armour : IS:7098 Part 2, IS: 3975, IEC:60502 Part – 2, BS:6622, BS:7835.
- Outer Sheath : PVC ST 2, FR, FRLS as per IS:7098 Part 2, IEC:60502 Part – 2, BS:6622, LSOH to BS:7835.
Flame Retardant (FR), Flame Retardant Low Smoke (FRLS) and Low Smoke Zero Halogen & Flame Retardant (LSOH) Sheathed HT XLPE cables are also manufactured
Information Source – Polycab